Courtesy Defines Us

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Well, it was a Friday and I just recovered from my fever but I still have my sore throat. The college timetable shows that I don’t have class today but I still went to college to meet up with a friend and then play futsal at Astrodome in the evening.

With the treasure hunt coming up in Wednesday, Syahfique and I spend the whole morning and afternoon to prepare everything. Doing that, it stopped us from watching Tokyo Drift that happens to open in cinemas.

It was around 4 in the evening when Syah left for home, so I went to the library to meet up with Vivian to help her with the Moral Education Proposal because she is a part time student who feels lost (but she pretty also…that’s why…). Her friends weren’t as what she “said” in the beginning. So I left college to Summit Astrodome to play futsal with my friend who brought his friends.

Firstly they weren’t punctual and it’s such a Malaysian habit of them because the booking is at 5p.m. sharp. Anyways, they still made it and we got ready to play. As game started and went on for 5 minutes, the first perception in my mind was they are purely Chinese educated and can’t play good futsal.

During a soccer or futsal match, it’s normal to get kicked or tackled. Back in my housing area where I play, we apologize if we kick someone unintentionally which is a good habit. But that courteous habit was nowhere to be seen on the pitch when I was playing with them. I got 2 BAD unnecessary kicks and apology was said. It’s like it is nothing to them. It’s okay to me if they’re good players but these amateurs don’t even have friendly faces and that really made me mad.

But why bother getting mad at these people? It doesn’t worth anything. So I just played my best to prove that I was better than my friend (such vain attitude) because it was the first time we played together after both of us keep bragging about our own advantages. It’s all thanks to my “freestyle guru” Johan Halim who taught me so much.


Till laterz…..adios.

No comments:

 

Archives