Public Transport 101

Friday, May 25, 2007

This post is for my dear friends who are unsure or insecure about public transport...

Finally I got the guts to take the Rapid KL from my house *Kota Kemuning* out to Kuala Lumpur. Patience has became half of me...so I didn't mind waiting. There I go...from a T530 out of Kota Kemuning to Sri Muda then a U64 straight to Pasar Seni. But today, I went out with my dad and sister and got on the Hop on-Hop off tour bus for the whole of KL...Well, since I'm a local, it just cost me RM 17 to get around KL...really worth it.... I went to the KL Tower and Eye on Malaysia with the bus....get on...get off...as many time as you like within 24 hours you purchase the ticket.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I saw this banner behind some lorong!!! Lucky they have their new Kota Damansara Campus...close this wan la...aha


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*shyt unsafe driver...busy with his asam fruit while driving!!!*


But anyways...back to basics for some people who can't really get around with public transport...
FIRST NOTE: RAPID KL TICKETS ARE RE-USABLE FOR THAT ENTIRE DAY!

So, for Subang Jaya people....to get to KL starting from Summit....many many options!!!

Option 1: take a Metrobus No.13 straight to KL
Option 2: take a U63 straight to KL Sentral
Option 3: take a Metrobus No.13/T523/Mini 99 to Subang Jaya KTM station to get to KL Sentral

From there....hmmm....
Main places to go from Sentral are:
Putra-Pasar Seni/Petaling Street
Putra-KLCC *sky-bridge visit, Aquaria*
Monorail-Times Square*IMAX,indoor theme park*
Monorail-Sungei Wang
Monorail-Bukit Bintang

Oya...pricing...
Rapid KL....
Tempatan bus is RM 1
Utama bus is Rm 2

Mini Bus
Fix 70 cent *no air con*, 80 cent *air con*

MetroBus.....dunno la...around RM 2.50 to KL I guess..

Train tickets
KTM Subang Jaya- Sentral = RM 1.60
KTM Subang Jaya- Mid Valley = RM 2.00 *must tukar train*
Monorail Sentral - Time Square = RM 1.60
Monorail Sentral - Bukit Bintang = RM 2.10 *better just walk from Time Square station*
Putra Sentral - KLCC = RM 1.60

So...I hope this help to plan your trip out....though to me...it's normal crap to me...haha


It's good to have all this around...it helps us to not use cab...saving us lots so I can buy more stuffs for my gal...muahaha....By the way, it's Visit M'sia year....so...hope on a public transport and get to know more....I'll let that sentence hang...haha

1 comment:

Kay said...

whas the big deal??

 

Archives