Where'd my money go? (2017)

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Dear readers,


Would like to share with you the ups an downs of my money spending that made my 2017 the best year of my life. Of course, not all are money well spent.

Annnnnnd it is not a long list at all, given I'm cheap and thrift af.



First on the list, well....technically it's an investment...but you gotta purchase in order to be IN the investment... 2017 was the year where O&G rebounded, thanks to the OPEC getting together to cut production. This has result in better oil prices... Long story short, it's been good investing in this sector.

For 2018, the OPEC production cut deal is set to end in November 2018 but an exit plan may be tabled in June if the market has rebalanced well. It also looks to stay strong in these few months and Saudi Arabia is looking to list it's O&G company Aramco publicly.

As a Malaysian investor, Hibiscus Petroleum was in my portfolio, making about 40% gain in the calendar year itself.


Shown above this the one year chart. This is taken from Bursa.

The company has zero debt, is producing in the North Sea pumping and selling Brent crude, is due to finalise the deal with Petronas Carigali and Shell on the North Sabah on an Enhanced Oil Recovery project. Current price of RM 0.95 and has a coverage from Public Bank Investment of a target price of RM 1.06. Company is also planning to announce free warrants, which is due to complete in First Half of 2018. If oil price remains steady, my personal opinion it could reach about RM 1.32-ish. But of course, do your own study investing in anything. The company website is here, and do check it out as their corporate governance is strong, they do webcast of their quarterly report in a Youtube video.๐Ÿ‘




Next is the
Philips Multigroom series 7000 QG3380/16
Though I don't have a mad lumberjack beard, this beard trimmer has made maintaining my facial hair easier and more variable compared to just a shaver. Looking at all the extensions that are given, it makes grooming a little more fun



While it retails at RM 359 on Philips website, major electrical stores like Harvey Norman, SenQ and more usually offer them at about RM 269.... I got it a deal of RM 241 as I had some Lazada voucher....Do check it out. It's waterproof(but please don't charge and use it at the same time in a wet environment....Use brain and logic a bit la kays), takes 1 hour to charge for 1 hour usage, comes with a pouch.๐Ÿ‘




This next one is the boo boo.
I can say I was a MANGSA MARKETING XD

Trapo Car Mat
It is easy to clean as advertised, cutting is perfect according to car model. It just works la. But for a lazy fucker like me, I wanna take out to clean also I malas...and the velcro that keeps it in place(which is good) makes it hard to take out as when one peels the car mat off, the vibration caused the dirt to vibrate, and some vibrated off the mat and onto the sides....again.... I'm a lazy fucker. If I asked the Bangla to vacuum it for me, I think he'll have a hard time taking it out, and placing it back nicely...Bangla won't waste time doing nicely, have you seen how they abuse car mats when they're vacuuming your car?

If your car is parked in your porch with close access to a powerpoint to vacuum it yourself, I'd say go for it... my card is parked out of my house.... so the only time I clean it is when I'm on a long break from work... like 5 weekdays off... even 3 weekend days off I won't do it. So if you're lazy like me, don't fucking get it.

Of course they're many other plus on getting this...but you go check it out on their site la ya. Price starts FROM RM 159.90...but with color lining addons and the food pad....total damage would be in the range of an additional RM 20-30++++++++


๐Ÿ‘Ž




Happy 2018 guys! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

 

Archives