Why does the world need a Community Day

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dated 8th July 2006, my college held a community day to raise money (for own purposes I can say). There were a lot of booth at the exterior of the college, even a futsal tournament was going on. Games for kids were inside the college and clubs/societies set up on the 1st floor to gain some money for their club. The student services and the English Society merge to set up a booth for a jumble sale where the total sale will go to charity (a selected orphan). So, I spent my whole day at the booth & didn't enjoy any games at all. But all those sacrifice paid off when my booth made around MYR 1000 plus. I felt so happy because I don't remember doing 1st hand charity work.

The booth was not only taken care by me but also the international students (mostly China students but there's one Bangladeshi). I'm a banana so there's was a big communication problem with the China students but I manage to talk with one new students (man she's hot!!! We've something in common though..We love Nike!!!). Though some of them were un-aware-ly rude to others but they pull of a great job....C'mon people rm1000 plus (make some noise!!!)

But my personal day was dull & down, not getting to talk to the girl I really like made me down. I only supported my friend at 12.30 by watching her & her group perform their cheerleading (cause I really put myself at my own booth). I even neglected the Student Council but they also made good sales without me....haha. My day ended on a low note though but it was okay overall. Well I guess I shan't talk much...that's it for now =)

3 comments:

Uthaya Sankar SB said...

noted.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! Thanks for the "sacrifices," but like they say, no pain no gain. Your efforts will definitely not go unnoticed :-) Keep up the good work. You're learning a lot of leadership and people management skills along the way.

Anonymous said...

Heyz, well done for doin a great job ya! And thx for comin to support me...it really meant alot. Peace.

 

Archives